COTA NT Members Code of Conduct
COTA NT is a highly respected and well regarded advocacy organisation with a proud history of speaking out on behalf of senior Territorians for over 50 years. Accordingly, it is expected that financial members of COTA NT will abide by the organisation’s Code of Conduct when they take up membership with COTA NT.
Code of Conduct
COTA NT members agree:
Membership application and acceptance will be deemed as agreement to adhere to the Code of Conduct and they will:
- Treat all staff, volunteers and other members with respect at all times;
- Promote a positive culture of fairness, integrity and equality for all members, staff and volunteers;
- Pay all subscriptions and dues to COTA NT as stipulated;
- Follow membership requirements with honest and integrity;
- Treat COTA NT workforce with respect and fairness when making enquiries, attending activities and at any time when dealing with any workforce member;
- Not use their membership position for illegal, improper or inappropriate purposes or undue advantage;
- Not use any COTA NT resources of whatever kind or nature without authority other than for relevant and appropriate purposes;
- Advise COTA NT of any issues, problems or changes in status as soon as is practical, especially if it changes the nature of their membership;
- Not to discredit COTA NT or otherwise bring it into disrepute;
- Reinforce the integrity and good reputation of COTA NT and demonstrate loyalty and commitment to its strategic direction;
- Generally support the work of COTA NT as appropriate.
Any member deemed to have breached the Code of Conduct may have their membership revoked.
Breaches of the Code of Conduct
Action may be taken to revoke individual or associate Membership for:
- any unacceptable, inappropriate or unlawful behaviour;
- disrespectful, unprofessional or unjust treatment of other members or COTA NT’s workforce;
- bringing COTA NT into disrepute.