Be a volunteer
Volunteers are hugely valued by COTA NT. Our comprehensive volunteer program follows the National Standards for Volunteer Involvement guidelines and has been designed to offer many interesting and diverse roles for all ages, but mainly seniors.
The volunteer program enables members to take an active part in COTA NT and assist with the organisation’s continued development. Our program is designed to have a dual role. It seeks to use the talents, combined experience and skills of our membership base while providing opportunities for Volunteers to engage in tasks where they can develop new or existing skills and actively contribute to their organisation.
COTA NT volunteer opportunities
We would love to hear from you if you can help us with:
- Distributing publications, such as Seniors Voice (every quarter) and Seniors Month Calendars (July), event posters and flyers etc. (as needed) using COTA minibus or car.
- Actioning home maintenance requests by working with Board Member, Steve Thomas (a retired Mechanical Engineer) on requests received to our Home Maintenance Service for COTA Members. n.b. you must be suitably qualified to join the team.
- Driving our minibus (12-seater) to support social inclusion Multicultural Aged Care Sponsorship program which enables multicultural seniors stay connected to peer groups, language and community.
- Helping out at major events (there is no heavy lifting required).
- Sharing your knowledge as a Peer Educator. Facilitating one-one-one or small group sessions to share your knowledge, expertise and passion for a particular topic of interest to others.
- Supporting the day-to-day running of the office through administrative, executive and project support activities within the COTA office. Computer literacy preferred, but not essential as some training can be provided.
Read the latest edition of our Volunteer Handbook here.
- All Volunteers must be holders of a current OCHRE card.
- Our Volunteers are managed by a COTA staff member.
- Volunteers are offered induction training, branded uniform, on-going personal and professional development opportunities and invitations to Members only and Volunteer events.
- Download your copy of our COTA Volunteering Handbook 2022. It outlines COTA NT’s Volunteer policy and useful information for all Volunteers.
- Apply here to volunteer with COTA NT.