PICAC in the NT
In the Northern Territory the Partners in Culturally Appropriate Aged Care (PICAC) program is managed by COTA NT (also known as Council on the Ageing – Northern Territory).
A dedicated staff member works on the program and its aims to:
- Ensure the special needs of older people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are identified and addressed
- Improve the partnerships between aged care providers, culturally and linguistically diverse communities and the Commonwealth Department of Health & Ageing.
How this is achieved
Our Program Manager delivers the PICAC program through a wide program of activities based on networking – making connections within the NT community through events and meetings; and representation – giving CaLD seniors a voice at advisory groups and forums, service delivery and training.
- Cultural expertise
- Events and training
- Programs and projects
- Aged care and culturally appropriate aged care
- Cultural background resources
- Health care issues for older Territorians
To find out more about PICAC in the NT or to request tailored training for your organisation, contact the PICAC Program Manager.