For information in language click here.
In the Northern Territory, the Partners in Culturally Appropriate Aged Care (PICAC) program provides advocacy, information and support for service providers, multicultural seniors, their families, friends and communities.
The program is managed by COTA NT (also known as Council on the Ageing – Northern Territory) and aims to:
- Ensure the special needs of older people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are identified and addressed
- Improve the partnerships between aged care providers, culturally and linguistically diverse communities and the Commonwealth Department of Health & Ageing.
2023 New training is launched for care workers
Call Cecilia on 08 8941 1004 to find out more about introductory, two-hour workshops designed to give care workers an introduction into caring for seniors from multicultural backgrounds.
Information in Language
Click here to visit the INFORMATION IN LANGUAGE page
Our PICAC NT Manager can assist you with:
- finding information in language on specific topics
- aged care
- care information – dementia, incontinence, mental health, palliative care, advanced personal plan and more
- information and resources for carers – communication cards, signage, feedback forms, interpreter cards, information sheets
- coronavirus information
- finding an interpreter.