COTA NT’s vision
COTA NT’s vision embraces the shaping of a just, equitable, age-friendly and humane community in which people are enabled to contribute and grow to their fullest capacity, and have access, with dignity, to appropriate care and support.
Our mission is to empower older people, those who work with them, government and the community into achieving well-being and social justice for older people.
Our strategic direction
You can view COTA NT Strategic Plan 2018 by clicking on the link.
We are passionate about the needs of senior Territorians and our advocacy on their behalf. COTA NT’s strategic directions and the objectives that guide us include:
- In consultation with members, to provide a peak body for senior Territorians
- Provide sound policy advice to all levels of government
- Maintain a strong NT Policy Council
- Ensure we are easily accessible to senior Territorians
- Promote and support seniors’ activities including ongoing programs, Seniors EXPO and Seniors’ Month
- Encourage and foster members and other seniors to become volunteers, particularly to enable COTA NT to provide better member services
- Take a leading position in age discrimination with a positive staffing policy.