Grandparents Day – Last Sunday of October
NT Grandparents Day celebrates and recognises Grandparents, grand-friends, kin and those who take on the role of a grandparent in their family or community.
NT Grandparents Day is part of a three-year project for COTA working with Territory Families, Housing and Communities (with support from the Department of Education). The aims of event program are:
- to raise awareness of the day and recognise and celebrate the role of older members of NT communities
- to provide schools and communities easy access to a free Community Resources Kit including event planner, promotional material and calendar.
Entry by Atticus, aged 12 from Alice Springs
- Details of Grandparents Day Events near you (including COTA NT’s)
- Grandparents Day Competition
- Free Community Resources (ntgrandparentsday.org.au/community-resources/)
- Resources – Help and support for grandparents, gran kin and older carers.
- Event Kit – Help for planning and celebrating your own Grandparents Day event including a communications toolkit, promotional words, event budget and planning guide, bunting, colouring sheets, “selfie” photo frame, digital artwork for invitations, posters and flyers, emails, websites and social media pages. Plus I Love Grandie artwork and a customisable Participation Certificate.
- Promotions Kit – To help show support and raise awareness of the day.
- Events Calendar – helping you share details of your event and celebration.
Page updated: October 2022