COTA room usage terms and conditions
As the User of a COTA NT Room, you must read all Terms and Conditions before submitting your Room Booking Request. These terms and conditions refer to Use of both of its Rooms and all Spillett House facilities.
- COTA NT – Council on the Ageing (Northern Territory) Inc.
- User – Authorised representative of organisation or group.
- Usage – As outlined in the Room Booking Request completed by the User.
- User Agreement – Understanding on which COTA NT allows Use of its Rooms and Facilities.
- Facilities – All Buildings and Infrastructure at Spillett House, 65 Smith Street, Darwin NT 0800.
- Bookings confirmed when the Usage fee has been fully-paid.
- COTA NT reserves the right to apply part or all costs if the booking is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
- Room Use may be cancelled by COTA NT in certain circumstances.
- The User agrees to pay for additional cleaning, breakages and damage of Rooms and Facility in accordance with this User Agreement.
- COTA NT reserves the right to cancel the Room Usage should the User in the opinion of COTA NT:
- Vary the Usage purpose
- Exceed the room capacity
- The User shall not sub-hire the meeting room.
- Before the activity commences, the User must inform all attendees of the in-house Work, Health and Safety requirements (notice of which is provided in the Room being used).
- The User must ensure that: emergency/fire exits and equipment remain clear and unobstructed at all times; and guests and attendees are familiar with the location of all emergency exits and equipment.
- The emergency number for Police, Ambulance and Fire Services is 000.
- No alcohol may be served or sold.
- At all times, the User is responsible for the conduct of guests and attendees and must ensure that behaviour does not encroach on the work of COTA NT staff.
- Children under the age of 12 years must be accompanied by adults and supervised at all times.
- Animals (except licensed service dogs) are prohibited.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the building.
- The User must place all rubbish and debris from the meeting rooms into the bins provided in the Spillett House carpark (general waste and recycling).
- The User must ensure the rooms used are tidy and clean at the end of the booking period.
Damage and Repair
- The User is responsible for ensuring the meeting room is kept in the same repair and condition as it was at the commencement of Use.
- Breakages of fixtures or fittings or damage to the meeting room will be charged directly to the User at actual replacement or repair cost.
- No signs, items or other materials are to be fixed to internal walls without the express consent of COTA NT.
Laws, Risk & Indemnity
- The User, guests and attendees at the event must comply with all relevant laws.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that it occupies and uses the meeting room entirely at its own risk and COTA NT will not be liable for any loss or damage or consequential loss of the User or any third party of whatsoever kind and howsoever arising.
- To the full extent permitted by law the User releases COTA NT from and indemnifies COTA NT against all actions, claims, costs and damages (whether in respect of damage to property or personal injury or death) that may be brought, made or claimed against COTA NT in connection with the meeting room or in respect of any breach of this User Agreement by the User.
Refusal of Use
- COTA NT reserves the right to refuse the Use of its rooms without providing a reason.
- Use may be refused if the User has not complied with the conditions of previous Use.
- Use will be refused if COTA NT considers, in its sole discretion, that the event is unsuitable to be held in the meeting room for any reason.