It’s so important to have choices around what you do as you age, and sometimes this involves working with others so you can keep doing what you love, for longer.
‘Your Wellbeing, Your Plan’ sessions are designed to motivate and encourage older Australians be active in their ageing; from accessing support to gaining new knowledge so that YOU can make informed decisions on what being well means to you.
This interactive session has been described as “…thought provoking and informative, creating a sense of optimism”, from participants who have taken part in the session that strives and embraces wellness in all aspects.
Click to view the Step Forward Together flyer
Visit this link to watch a video with more information: https://www.youtube.com/embed/81xE8bLk1wc
• What wellbeing is, and the array of benefits of staying well
• Identifying what wellness means to you as an individual, and achieving your goals and wishes
• Getting the most out of support services
• Expressing your voice on service improvements
Peer Educators from COTA NT will visit your group to facilitate and guide you through the “Your Wellbeing, Your Plan” sessions:
• Providing clear information about wellness, and how it supports active ageing
• The three realms of wellness – Body, Mind, and Spirit
• Maintaining or regaining your independence and ability to make your own decisions
• How and where wellness links with aged care services
• Creating action plans that reflect what is most important to you
This information can support those considering accessing, or receiving home support or home care packages.
COTA NT sessions will be held at Spillett House in March, April and May 2017, please contact us to register or phone us on 8941 1004.