Fit for life
- Attendance in the large activity room is limited. All places must be pre-booked by calling the class instructor wherever possible.
- Sharon Kelly 0438 890089 (also takes bookings online)
- Bernie Lee 0427 188 314
- (leave a message if they are unable to answer your call)
- If you are unable to reach your instructor, please call COTA NT 08 8941 1004
- Any enquiries about which class is best suited for you, should be directed to the instructors and not COTA NT staff.
- For Pilates, you must bring your own mat.
- For all classes, you are required to bring your own pen for sign-in and your own water bottle.
- If you are unwell cough or fever (or other respiratory systems), or if you have not isolated yourself for at least 14 days following overseas travel, you are not permitted to attend.
- Pilates (face to face or ZOOM) with Sharon Monday 11 January at 9.30am and Mondays thereafter ($5 COTA Members, $7 non-members)
- Chair Aerobics (face to face or ZOOM) with Sharon Wednesday 13 January at 9.30am and Wednesdays thereafter ($5 COTA Members, $7 non-members)
- Online ‘at home’ classes via Sharon’s wonderful Super Agers YouTube channel.
- Tai Chi with Bernie Thursday 4 February 9.15am – 10.15am (Tai Chi 1) and 10.30am – 11.30am (Tai Chi 2) (10 week program) ($5 COTA Members, $7 non-members)
Fit for Life Classes Online
You can also view COTA NT online Fit for Life classes here.
Please note advice from Sharon on how to use the classes before you begin. Do send us your feedback about the classes, as we can’t ask you in person.
COTA NT offers participation in health, well being and fitness sessions at the lowest cost possible to participants (in line with WHO age-friendly guidelines) and to encourage as much participation as possible. Participants are encouraged to socialise before and after each class. Classes start from 9.30am to suit most seniors’ preferred times.
About our activities
The instructors for health and fitness-based programs hosted by COTA NT are appropriately qualified and have a duty of care towards patrons. However, before your first session, you must follow the ‘Before you attend’ guidelines below.
- $5* COTA NT members (find out how to join COTA NT)
- $7 non-COTA members
- Or as advertised.
*COTA NT membership card must be shown before each session to qualify for the discount (view more information about COTA NT membership).
For more information, please visit the COTA NT activities calendar.
Before you attend
- check with your doctor first before starting any exercise program
- if you have any concerns regarding your fitness level, ability or skill or undertake this activity, you should seek the appropriate independent advice.
- before your first sessions, you must fill in a Pre-Exercise Screening form and raise any health concerns with the instructor
- register your attendance (which includes agreement to a voluntary assumption of risk: that you undertake the class at your own risk and acknowledge and voluntarily accept the level of risk consequent with that activity)
- bring comfortable clothes and shoes, drink bottle and towel.
Other fitness activities
There are many programs offered by other organisations, service providers and businesses. If you can’t find an activity hosted by COTA NT, please view those listed on the Territory Seniors Calendar.
Senior month classes
Typically during Seniors Month, additional funding from the Northern Territory government enables us to trial new classes. In the past these have included: Laughter Yoga, Yoga, Meditation, Chair-Seated Exercise Aerobics, Spilates (a unique blend of Pilates and strength training), Cardio Fun, Bootcamp and Boxercise.
Page updated: 18 December 2020