- Free training to assist Aged Care Service Providers (residential and community based) to provide culturally appropriate aged care which is free from prejudice, shows an understanding of cultural diversity and an awareness of cultural norms and values, avoids stereotyping and which encourages and maintains community cultural links.
Publications & Information
- Free provision of individual Non Verbal Communication Books (NVCB) for clients unable to communicate effectively in English.
- Provide aged care service providers with cultural information appropriate to client requirements.
- Promote the use of ‘in language’ information and documents available on the PICAC website www.culturaldiversity.com.au
- Provide Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities and individuals with information about residential and community based aged care and other related issues such as healthy ageing.
- Distribute information regarding the various aged care services available: community based services; allied health professionals; the aged care assessment team; community care packages (CACP) and residential aged care facilities.
If you, your community group or organisation would like to talk about the PICAC program and how it may help your group or your clients, please contact the PICAC NT Program Manager.