What’s on for Seniors – COTA update September 2022
12 Sep 2022
All COTA NT events can be booked via cotant.eventbrite.com.au or by calling Head Office on 08 8941 1004 unless otherwise stated.
- Condolence Book – VALE Her Majesty the Queen 1926 – 2022 www.pmc.gov.au/condolence-form
Following the death of Her Majesty The Queen, you may wish to leave a message of condolence on the Government House’s Condolence Book available online. Condolences will be sent to Buckingham Palace and archived by the Commonwealth and may be displayed at its national institutions, such as the National Library of Australia, forming part of the lasting record of Australia’s close relationship with The Queen over many decades.
- Love Thy Body 4 Week Program concludes 19 September. Many thanks to Healthy Living NT for delivering this program once again.
- AGM Notice: The Annual General Meeting of COTA Coomalie Branch will be held on Tuesday 4 October 2022, at the Rum Jungle Bowls Club at 4.30pm.
- AGM Notice: The Annual General Meeting of COTA NT) will be held on Friday 28 October 2022, at Spillett House, 65 Smith Street, Darwin at 10am.
- Sunday 30 October is Grandparents Day 2022! COTA NT is holding several events to celebrate the day and running The Grandest Grandparents Day Ever competition with 3 prizes valued at $1000 each up for grabs. Full details will be released on the Grandparents Day website, https://ntgrandparentsday.org.au/ SOON.
- COTA NT Membership Card – For those Members renewing in August, your cards on their way shortly – apologies for any delay, it’s been an extremely busy period in the office. Note: a current COTA membership card must be presented to qualify for Fit for Life concession.
EXCITING NEWS! Our fundraising movie at the Deckchair Cinema is confirmed as ‘The Duke’. Tickets via https://www.deckchaircinema.com/movie/the-duke only. Please support us by purchasing raffle tickets, barbecue and CWA home-made baking on the night. THE DATE: Sunday 13 November, Screening 7.30am to 9pm
- Annual General Meeting of COTA Coomalie Branch Tuesday 4 October 2022, 4.30pm, Rum Jungle Bowls Club
- Annual General Meeting of COTA NT 28 October 2022,10am to 12pm, Spillett House, 65 Smith Street, Darwin
- Grandparents Day Movie Mornings! Sunday 30 October 2022, 10.30am. Special family-friendly film screenings at very special prices with popcorn and morning tea. Details to follow.
- COTA NT Fundraiser: The Duke – Screening at Deckchair Cinema Sunday 13 November, Deckchair Cinema, Jervois Road, Darwin Book your tickets at https://www.deckchaircinema.com/movie/the-duke Ticket Prices: Film Society members $9, Adult $16, Concession $12, Family Pass $39, Child $8
COTA Head Office (Activity Rooms, Programs and Seniors Card Offices) 65 Smith Street, Darwin . Open Monday to Fridays 9am to 3pm (excluding public holidays)
- Fit for Life: Pilates for over 50s – Mondays, 9.30am to 10.30am. Designed to help seniors ‘super-age’ and increase strength, stamina and fitness. $5 Members, $7 Non-Members. Also available via ZOOM. Bookings via Sharon 0438 890 089
- Multicultural Life: Social Groups – Mondays and Thursdays. Enabling CaLD seniors to connect and participate “in language”. Contact PICAC Manager, Cecilia Chiolero for information.
- Social Life: Musical Jam – Tuesdays, 10am to 12.30pm (approx.). BYO instrument and play with friendly, like-minded people. Gold coin donation. No bookings required.
- Fit for Life: Chair Aerobics – Wednesdays, 9.30am to 10.30am. Supported seated exercise design to improve flexibility, strength and balance. $5 Members, $7 Non-Members. Also available via ZOOM. Bookings via Sharon 0438 890 089
- Social Life: Common Threads Sewing Class – Wednesdays, 11am onwards. Social sewing for all ages and levels of experience Bring your supplies and machine (if you have one) and a plate to share. No bookings required.
- Fit for Life: Tai Chi with Tom – Thursdays, 9.30am to 10.30am (Advanced), 10.30am to 11.30am (Beginners). Calming the mind and stretch the body. $5 Members, $7 Non-Members. No bookings required.
COTA Office (Programs and Seniors Card Office) 50+ Community Centre, 11 Wills Terrace, Alice Springs . Open Monday to Fridays 8.30am to 1pm (excluding public holidays)
Advocacy, Aged Care Navigator and Seniors Card services. For events and activities, visit the COTA NT website under EVENTS, follow the @COTANTAliceSprings Facebook page or visit the COTA NT website EVENTS section.
- Regular Bus provision to Gateway & Coolalinga
- Monthly morning tea and networking (with speakers and activities)
- For updates, follow the @COTANTCoomalie Facebook page, visit the COTA NT website under EVENTS, or contact COTA Coomalie Branch (Jan – 8976 0255).
- For other events and activities in the Coomalie region including dance, exercise, gardening, community shed and markets, refer to the Territory Seniors Calendar on the COTA NT website EVENTS.
Every second Tuesday, COTA Berry Springs Seniors organise an event – morning tea, excursions, workshops and speakers. Contact Berry Springs Seniors via email (Kerry – ).