Vacancy: COTA NT needs a volunteer driver
8 Feb 2019
COTA NT is recruiting for a volunteer driver to help support our Multicultural Aged Sponsorship Program by driving our (new) 12 seater minibus enabling seniors from a CaLD background to make connections to their peer groups, language and community helps prevent feelings of isolation and neglect.
What the role is
The role requires a driver to pick up a group of seniors in the local Darwin city area (who would otherwise be unable to get out of their homes) and take them home after outings and events such as social coffee and games mornings, visits to the museum, fish feeding, movie mornings, excursions to the Wharf and prayer sessions. Offering seniors connections to their peer groups, language and community helps prevent feelings of isolation and neglect. It’s a very important role to the organisation and we highly value our volunteers who undertake it.
Is this you? Or someone you know?
We are looking for a volunteer driver who:
- Is patient and caring, particularly with older people who speak English as a second language
- Currently holds a NT Driver Licence. There is NO need for the Light Rigid Licence endorsement
- Is happy to drive a 12 seater mini-bus
- Holds a current OCHRE card and who is prepared to undergo a police check
- Available for the driving roster on Monday afternoons (1.30pm start to 3.30pm maximum)
All volunteers must be holders of a current OCHRE card. COTA NT is happy to assist volunteers with their application forms. Applications can be made in person at SAFE NT, by post or online.
To apply or for more information
Contact Cecilia Chiolero, General Manager, PICAC and Multicultural Programs Manager on 8941 1004(Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm) or email.