The Office of Senior Territorians has opened the Seniors Month 2023 Grant Round today.
22 Mar 2023
To read the guidelines, apply for funding and see key dates, please visit https://grantsnt.nt.gov.au/grants/seniors-month-2023
COTA NT has also published key grant dates on its website, https://www.cotant.org.au/seniors-month/ including details of how to submit events for the print and online Seniors Month calendars. (This page also includes a sneak preview of the Seniors Month Calendar 2023 cover, once again featuring real Territorians).
- Wednesday 22 March – Seniors Month Grants open (visit https://grantsnt.nt.gov.au/grants/seniors-month-2023 to apply)*
- Monday 24 April – Grants close at 11.59pm
- Thursday 15 June – Event registrations close for the print calendar
- Events / service commencement 1 August and completion 31 August 2023.
The Seniors Month Grant Round is an annual opportunity for organisations and businesses to apply for funding to support an event or activities for seniors held during the month long celebration in August of each year.
One-off grants of up to $2,000 are available through the Seniors Month Grants Round to assist community organisations and businesses holding an event or activities for seniors during Seniors Month in August 2023. These grants are designed to offset the cost of an event, not to fund it entirely.
The objectives of Seniors Month Grants are to:
- encourage older people to live healthy and active lifestyles all year round;
- demonstrate that older age can be a time of learning and adventure;
- celebrate older people and their continuing contribution to family, friends, workplaces and communities, and across generations.
Grant applications will be assessed for their potential to contribute to the achievement of these objectives. Priority will be given to innovative events that encourage older people to have a healthy lifestyle, become involved in a new activity, connect to the community and create opportunities for older people to continue their involvement in such activities. It is also encouraged that applications recognise any linkages to the Northern Territory Seniors Policy 2021-2026.
Funding is limited and competitive. Not all applications may be successful. Previous grant recipients should not assume that they will automatically receive further funding.
Before applying, please read carefully all sections of the Seniors Month Grant Round 2023 – Guidelines.
Please direct all grant enquiries to: Office of Senior Territorians
Phone: 08 89993861
Email: tfhc.ost @ nt.gov.au