The first Seniors Voice for 2024 is available online today!
24 Jan 2024
This edition is full of news, articles, features and letters including:
- COTA NT Update – A quick note about what COTA NT is up to regarding the August election, housing, voluntary assisted dying legislative framework, safety and security (free window and door security products available). *
- Grandparents Day – We share our winning stories and ask you to tell us about your grandparenting role. ($150 debit card is up for grabs for one lucky survey entrant).
- Watch Season – useful resources to remember during cyclone, flood and storm emergencies including national telephone warning system.
- EXPOS – save the dates for COTA NT’s 2024 Seniors Expos in Katherine, Darwin and Alice Springs. Registrations for Katherine are open now!
- Aged Care Act consultation – have your say on the draft act.
- Aged care– advice on the importance of getting your changing needs assessed for help and support to stay independent for longer, PLUS a new aged care contract tool which helps simplify signing contracts with aged care service providers.
- Your Letters – Help for clearing homes, elder abuse referral points, accommodation crisis, power of attorney/advance personal plans crossover, ambo costs and more.
- PLUS News for Central Australian readers, movie recommendations, health alerts and rural news from Berry Springs Seniors.
Or pick up your paper copy from one of these outlets (arriving from Monday 29 January).
We hope you enjoying reading Seniors Voice – please pick up a paper copy when you see one and share with your friends and neighbours. And remember, we welcome your Letters – just send them to us.