Seniors Month 2017 funding round opens – applications close 7 April
1 Mar 2017
Seniors Month 2017 funding round is now open and applications will close 7 April 2017.
Organisations and groups can apply for grants of up to $2,000 to help with running events and activities during Seniors Month in August. Grants are designed to help offset the cost of an event rather than cover the full cost. Funding is limited and not all applications may be successful. Even if you have previously been given a grant, you may not necessarily be given another.
Read more about Seniors Month including ideas for events.
Who can apply
Organisations and businesses can apply for funding.
Your organisation must:
- be incorporated under the NT Associations Act 2003
- or have an auspicing body that is incorporated under the NT Associations Act that is willing to accept responsibility for administration, reporting and acquittal of the grant on the applicant’s behalf.
Your business must be registered and hold a specific Seniors Month event. Community organisations or businesses that have previously received Seniors Month grants must have satisfactorily used those grants to apply for another.
Requirements for your event
Your event must:
- celebrate older people and their continuing contribution
- encourage older people to live healthy and active lifestyles all year round
- demonstrate that older age can be a time of learning and adventure.
Funding won’t be given for any of the following:
- usual club or business activities
- wages or salaries for course instructors or event facilitators in excess of 25 percent of the value of the grant
- events where participation is limited to members of particular groups
- purchase of capital equipment, for example, computers
- programs or activities that are political or discriminatory
- events that encourage gambling or the consumption of alcohol.
How to apply
Applications for grants for Seniors Month 2017 events are now open and close Friday 7 April 2017.
Read the 2017 guidelines: 2017-seniors-month-grant-program-guidelines
Fill in the application form: seniors-month-2017-grant-funding-application-form
Please note: You can also visit COTA’s office during business hours and request a print-out of these forms from our staff and volunteers. We are happy to offer assistance wherever possible.
How to submit your form
You can submit your application form in person, by post or email using the contact details below.
Seniors Month Grant Program
Officer of Senior Territorians
Level 7, Darwin Plaza, Smith Street Mall
Darwin NT 0800
Seniors Month Grant Program
Office of Senior Territorians
PO Box 40596
Casuarina NT 0811
For more information contact the Office of Senior Territorians on (08) 8999 3894 or