Recruiting Now! Volunteer bus driver needed to support Monday program
22 Aug 2018
We are recruiting for a new volunteer driver to help support our Multicultural Aged Sponsorship Program by driving our (new) 13 seater minibus.
The role requires a driver to pick up a group of seniors in the local Darwin city area (who would otherwise be unable to get out of their homes) and take them home after outings and events such as social coffee and games mornings, visits to the museum, fish feeding, movie mornings, excursions to the Wharf and prayer sessions. Offering seniors connections to their peer groups, language and community helps prevent feelings of isolation and neglect. It’s a very important role to the organisation and we highly value our volunteers who undertake it.
Is this you? Or someone you know?
We are looking for a volunteer driver who:
- Is patient and caring, particularly with older people who speak English as a second language
- Currently holds a Light Rigid Driving Licence or is willing to undertake a practical driving test for the Light Rigid Licence at the MVR (and who already holds a C class licence for a minimum of 12 months)
- Is happy to drive a 13 seater mini-bus
- Holds a current OCHRE card and who is prepared to undergo a police check
- Available for the driving roster on Monday afternoons (1.30pm start)
Please contact Cecilia on 8941 1004 or email us on generalmanager @cotant.org.au if you are able to join our team.