NT Seniors Voice – New edition out now
14 Jun 2021
The latest edition of our news sheet NT Seniors Voice is now available online here.
This edition includes 16 pages of news, comment and information including:
- The space for seniors – how to get involved with conversations on the NT Seniors Voice website
- NT Budget falls down – failure to make seniors’ housing a priority
- Getting your COVID-19 vaccine
- Census 2021 update – including job application information
- Grandparents Day – invitation to share your ideas and photos
- National survey of the impact of the COVID-19 on people living with dementia – on behalf of our partners, StepUpforDementiaResearch
- Multi-lingual older person’s COVID-19 line launched
- Research study – volunteer request for people with experience of pain in Parkinson’s Disease
- Seniors Expo 2021 – promotional flyer and sneak preview of the program (pull out page)
- Event planning guidelines – including 7 tips for success and 7 free ways to promote events
- More choice on where to spend your dollars – NT Seniors Recognition Scheme expansion news
- Building better homes update
- Preventing elder abuse in the NT
- Falls injury prevention
- Readspeaker trial extension – request for feedback
- Win a $40 Coles voucher by helping to update a Healthy Ageing Quiz
- Human Rights and Technology Report information
- Call for NT Seniors Voice sponsorship (if you can assist with sponsoring NT Seniors Voice to help us continue with print publication and distribution, please contact us)
NT Seniors Voice – Have your say
You have the opportunity to get involved with any of the Open Conversations below. Visit NT Seniors Voice to register.
If you are a volunteer, please complete our survey before it closes on 17 June.
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day – Find out more “no excuse for elder abuse” (find out more here)
- How do you volunteer? – Survey counting the hours given by volunteer seniors. Closes 17 June (here)
- NT Grandparents Day – Share your ideas on how you would like to celebrate grandparents and older loved ones (contribute here).
- City of Darwin Municipal Plan – Seniors View – This survey asked people how they felt in 2021 following on from the Results of 2014 Community Focus Groups about the age-friendliness of Darwin municipality. Closed 8 June 2021. Outcome: Survey results referred to COTA NT CEO for her submission to Council.
NT Seniors Voice #34 will be available in print from community locations later this week. Please contact the COTA NT office to find out where you can pick up your print copy.