Nominate a nurse or midwife for an excellence award now
23 Feb 2023
COTA NT is a proud first-time sponsor of the NT Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards this year, as a new category for 2023 has been introduced, the Excellence in Aged Care Nursing award.
If you know a nurse/midwife or a nursing/midwifery team that has demonstrated excellence, nominate them. You can take this opportunity to tell their story, have their efforts championed and recognised by the Territory community. Northern Territory Nursing and Midwifery are accepting nominations from until 28 February for the 2023 Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards. There are 12 award categories to choose from.
- Registered Undergraduate Student of Nursing/Midwifery of the Year
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation NT’s Excellence in Early Career Nurse/Midwife of the Year
- Flinders University Excellence in Nurse//Midwife Education
- Excellence in Nursing/Midwifery/Research/Quality Improvement
- Excellence in Aged Care Nursing
- Excellence in Nursing/Midwifery Leadership
- Excellence in Nursing/Midwifery Aboriginal health
- Team Award for Excellence in Nursing/Midwifery
- Client Appreciation Award for Excellence in Nursing/Midwifery
- NT Administrator’s Medal for Lifetime Achievement in Nursing/Midwifery
- Nurse of the Year
- Midwife of the Year
Award finalists are announced at an Alice Springs cocktail evening and winners awarded at a Darwin Gala Dinner. NT Health annually host the awards to recognise and celebrate the outstanding efforts of nurses and midwives across the Territory. The 2023 awards will celebrate 19 years of recognising outstanding excellence in client care, education, research, professional leadership and commitment.
As the Excellence in Aged Care Nursing is a new award category in 2023, please share with your organisation and clients to make sure the nurses (enrolled and registered) in your organisation are recognised for their amazing contributions.
Media contact: Sue Shearer COTA NT 08 8941 1004
https://nmea.nt.gov.au/ See 2023 NT Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards on how to nominate.