Minister’s Advisory Committee for Senior Territorians (MACST) currently has vacancies
11 Apr 2023
An Expression of Interest process has commenced to fill these positions.
The council provides effective links between government and seniors’ community to improve policy outcomes.
What the council does
The council meets 3 times per year and is responsible for:
- advising the minister on matters of importance including emerging issues facing NT seniors
- exploring the needs of the seniors’ community and discussing how service providers can more effectively meet identified needs
- discussing ideas that promote awareness of the positive aspects of ageing to the community and increase active participation of seniors in all aspects of life
- directing tasks to working groups as determined to address specific issues.
Expressions of interest
Expressions of interest are now open for membership.
MACST provides the opportunity for members to raise issues of interest and offer high level and strategic advice to the Minister for Seniors. Members will be selected on their skills, knowledge, experience and broader understanding and representation of the seniors community.
To register your interest, follow the below steps.
- Step 1. Read the community membership information pack DOCX (61.7 KB).
- Step 2. Complete expression of interest form DOCX (67.2 KB).
- Email the completed form to .
Applications close 25 April 2023.
For more information, read the terms of reference DOCX (652.3 KB).
Membership on the council is voluntary.
Members are selected based on skills, knowledge, experience and broader community participation or representation. They reflect the regional and indigenous populations of the NT. Members may also participate in council sub-committees and working groups.