LITT! – A new fitness class for seniors in Darwin
4 Feb 2020
You can now join Sharon from Results Personal Health & Fitness Coaching for a LITT Circuit (low intensity interval training) on Thursdays at Spillett House (starting Thursday 6 February at 9.45am to 10.30am). Low intensity interval training is a great way to improve your muscular strength, endurance and cardio respiratory system. You choose your level of intensity to suit you.
Different stations will target both strength and cardio workouts.
Class includes: 5 minute warm up, 30 minute circuit and 5 minute cool down.
What to expect:
* Flexibility – proper technique improve flexibility
* Aerobic – move through variety of stations (high knees, heel taps, * heel to glute taps and more)
* Strength – dumbbells, squats and push up.
Contact Sharon for information. Phone: 0438 890 089
Class costs: GOLD COIN DONATION only.
This program is part of the federally-funded, Living Stronger Living Longer initiative.
- For COTA NT activities, visit our calendar.
- For activities and events organised for seniors by other organisations, service providers and businesses, please visit the Territory Seniors Calendar. This is a community calendar hosted on the COTA NT website. It is free for event organisers to publish details of their events and activities on it.
Before you attend
* check with your doctor first before starting any exercise program if you have any concerns regarding your fitness level, ability or skill or undertake this activity, you should seek the appropriate independent advice.
* before your first sessions, you must fill in a Pre-Exercise Screening form and raise any health concerns with the instructor
* register your attendance (which includes agreement to a voluntary assumption of risk: that you undertake the class at your own risk and acknowledge and voluntarily accept the level of risk consequent with that activity)
* bring comfortable clothes and shoes, drink bottle and towel.