COTA NT is Celebrating Grandies this Sunday
26 Oct 2021
COTA NT is holding its first ever Grandparents Day Celebration event this Sunday and is inviting you to come along. This free community event is your opportunity to celebrate and say thank you to your grandies – of all ages – with lots of fun, games and morning tea.
The event runs on Sunday 31 October between 10am and 1pm at the CDU Stadium, Sitzler Netball Centre on 235 Abala Road in Marrara. It includes a free barbecue and morning tea, an artwork exhibition featuring selected entries created by Territory school children in the I Love Grandie competition and announcement of winners; stallholders offering handy Grandie information, free family photographs in or out of a I Love Grandie frame; face painting and circus skills; fun and games including give it a go sessions of Zumba Gold and Chair aerobics, plus indoor squash, netball and driving to burn off some energy!
Media Contact: Sue Shearer, CEO COTA NT 08 8941 1004
- COTA NT is coordinating the celebration of Grandparents’ Day across the next three years on the last Sunday in October.
- The winners of a Northern Territory-wide schools’ competition will be announced at the inaugural free Grandparents’ Day Celebration at Marrara Stadium, Darwin on 31 October.
- More than 95 entries have been received in the “I Love Grandie” competition. 6 finalists receive a $50 book voucher and $1000 for their schools. The best digital entry, “Creativity through Connectivity” who will receive a laptop for their class and school from the National Broadband Network.
- The overall winner will receive a $100 book voucher and certificate.
- More details about Grandparents’ Day are at https://ntgrandparentsday.org.au/
- The website also includes our wonderful Grandies Gallery with photos taken by a team of very talented Community Photographers.
- Plus a community resources kit (free to download) full of posters, social media tiles, participation certificate templates, event planning guide and even some bunting!