COTA launch new look website for NT seniors
7 Feb 2017
COTA NT has launched a new-look website for seniors in the Northern Territory. The new website is part of COTA NT’s aim to disseminate age-friendly information to Territory seniors.
The website has been designed to help make it easier and more enjoyable for senior Territorians and people with particular needs (such as deteriorating eyesight) to access information relevant to them. The new website includes:
- Large, easy to read font (large headings, short pages)
- Plain language, simple familiar words in short, straight forward sentences
- Simple navigation and menus structure
- Positive images of older people including use of ‘real’ people not just models
- INFO pages aimed at providing comprehensive information about services and stakeholders in the Territory
- Bright colours of high contrast for easy reading
- Easy to find ‘action’ buttons such as ‘contact us’ and ‘how to get to our office’
- Boldly displayed telephone number and opening hours in prominent home page locations
- Quick links to key pages from the home page including links to Social Media.
COTA NT’s CEO, Graeme Bevis says, “The new look COTA website is part of our work to make information available in an age-friendly way. We continue to offer free access to the Internet at Spillett House [65 Smith Street, Darwin] and one-to-one tuition for seniors requiring assistance to access computers and to learn basic Internet skills.”
Seniors requiring access to computers and Internet tuition, should contact COTA NT. Organisations or service providers for seniors are invited to supply or update their contact details in the website’s INFO pages (www.cotant.org.au/information/).
Stephanie Kendall, Events & Communications Manager, COTA NT
Tags: Seniors Voice