Aged Care Alert: Protecting our older Australians and aged care staff this festive season
1 Dec 2022
Minister for Health and Aged Care, the Hon Mark Butler MP and Minister for Aged Care, the Hon Anika Wells MP extend their thanks to aged care providers and outline key steps to protect older Australians and aged care staff this festive season.
Read the joint letter to aged care providers (here).
With COVID-19 cases increasing in the current wave, we all have a role to play to protect those most at risk of severe illness.
Please remain vigilant and maintain COVID-19 safe behaviours:
- do regular rapid antigen tests (RAT) to screen for infection
- wear a mask if indoors to help slow infection
- wash your hands frequently
- stay up to date with vaccinations
- stay home if unwell or COVID-19 positive.
Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication.
Open Letter: Department of Health and Aged Care 25 November 2022