NT Seniors Concessions – from 1 July 2018

Download the Information flyer shown above by clicking on the link NT Concession Scheme A4 Flyer

The NT Pensioner and Carer Concession Scheme is changing and will be replaced by two new schemes from 1 July 2018, the NT Concession Scheme (NTCS) and the NT Seniors Recognition Scheme (NT SRS). Please read the information below provided about the schemes. Help on understanding the schemes is available from Territory Families on 1800 777 704 (this number is free to call).

NT Concessions Scheme & NT Seniors Recognition Scheme website

Visit the NT Concessions Scheme & NT Seniors Recognition Scheme website ( for more information.

Here you can find out more about the schemes, how to apply, how to confirm your details and how to access help.

NT Concession Scheme (NTCS)

NT residents receiving an eligible Commonwealth pension or a Department of Veterans’ Affairs payment can apply to the Northern Territory Concession Scheme (NTCS) for assistance with the following concessions:

NT Seniors Recognition Scheme (NT SRS)

NT residents who are 65 years and over, and Australia Citizens or Permanent Residents can apply for the Seniors Recognition Scheme (NT SRS) which provides a $500 payment to be used for

Read the April 2018 Update on the NT Concession Scheme from Territory Families

You may use the $500 payment for one of these categories, or it may be split across two categories.

How to Apply



You can be a member of both schemes if you meet the eligibility requirements of the NTCS and NT SRS. Download more information about How to Apply – NT Concession Scheme. 

More Information

This information has been provided by Territory Families. If you need help in understanding the new scheme, please call them for help on (freecall) 1800 777 704.