On this page: COTA NT advocacy | NT housing strategy (NTG) | Emergency housing | Housing and accommodation service providers | Public housing | Residential aged care providers | Retirement living | Tenancy

If you’re finding it difficult to live in your current home for health reasons, or you no longer need the space, you may be considering changing your housing arrangements.

Some options include:

You may be able to access in-home support to help you to stay longer in your current home. Your local Aged Care Assessment Team could advise you about your options. They can help you work out what type of care will suit you and assess whether you’re eligible for:

You could also visit the My Aged Care website or phone the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422.

COTA NT – Our Aged Care Navigator can also assist you access My Aged Care support.

More information


COTA NT housing advocacy

View information about COTA NT’s advocacy for the provision of affordable seniors housing options (more)

NT Housing strategy

Lifestyle accommodation – The NT Government’s vision is for senior Territorians to remain in the Territory and be able to transition into appropriate accommodation by ‘downsizing’ and ‘rightsizing’ if they wish. The NT Government is also considering operating structures for these accommodation options and keen to ensure that these maximise consumer protections (more)

Emergency housing

For a directory of services for homeless Territorians go to the ShelterMe website. If you need accommodation during a cyclone or other disaster, go to the Secure NT website to read about emergency shelters.

Housing and accommodation service providers

View NT providers of housing and accommodation.

Public housing

Information for public housing tenants and people who want to apply for public housing.

Residential aged care providers

View contact details for residential aged care providers in the Northern Territory.

Retirement living