One event on May 25, 2017 at 10:30 am
One event on June 29, 2017 at 10:30 am
This is a free peer education information session for seniors, seniors clubs and groups. Your COTA Volunteer Peer Educator will help you and your group to explore active ageing and wellness. The session is free and your peer educator will facilitate discussions and provide handouts.
It’s so important to have choices around what you do as you age, and sometimes this involves working with others so you can keep doing what you love, for longer.
• What wellbeing is, and the array of benefits of staying well
• Identifying what wellness means to you as an individual, and achieving your goals and wishes
• Getting the most out of support services
• Expressing your voice on service improvements
Peer Educators from COTA NT will facilitate and guide you through the “Your Wellbeing, Your Plan” sessions:
• Providing clear information about wellness, and how it supports active ageing
• The three realms of wellness – Body, Mind, and Spirit
• Maintaining or regaining your independence and ability to make your own decisions
• How and where wellness links with aged care services
• Creating action plans that reflect what is most important to you
This information can support those considering accessing, or receiving home support or home care packages.