Find out about the great resources, social events and activities that you can access at your library and join in the fun wellness activities too.
Find out what’s available specifically for seniors
At the libraries all year round….
Digital magazines and ebooks
A huge range of popular magazine titles with the latest editions and back issues available:
- Womens, mens and teens magazines
- Hobbies and craft
- Special interest
- Home and garden
- Recipes and more
- You can access also e-books and e-audiobooks from the libraries’ website. You can attend help sessions, or make an appointment with Library staff for individual assistance. Casuarina Library – Fridays 9am, City Library – Saturdays 9am
Learn how to use a computer or smart device
Library staff can help you with basic digital literacy. They can help with:
- Learning how to use a computer
- Creating and using an email account
- Internet basics including banking and shopping
- Understanding and using social media
- Using the libraries online collections like ebooks and digital magazines
Knit and Natter
Join us for a relaxing social morning of knitting and crocheting. All experience levels welcome. Bring size 4 needles and 1 ball 8ply light coloured wool and we will teach you to knit. All blankets are donated to Wrap with Love. Making friends and blankets for a good cause. Weekly meetings on Mondays, Monday 10am, Karama Library No bookings required.