Dying to Know Day (observed in August) marked an annual campaign that aimed to empower all adult Australians to be strong self-advocates for their own personal planning when it comes to their future.
In response to local requests, COTA NT is bringing this session to Coomalie. So please join Aged Care Navigator, Janet Brown in a session considering, recording and sharing some of your choices. This is an open community event and all are welcome.
Bookings are essential via
- Jan Jewell (Coomalie) 0408 760 257
- Sharon Beswick (Adelaide River) 8976 7020
Conversation and information will be led around the following topics:
- Your documents
- Wills, Power of Attorney, Enduring Guardian, Death Nomination, Advance Personal Plan
- Your family and friends
- Planning those conversations with your substitute decision makers, executor and guardian.
- Your send off
- Cremation, burial or something else? Funeral home package or something personal? Event at home? Party afterwards or no fuss?
You will also be able to take home a printed copy of:
- THE GOODBYE GUIDE – A small guide including tools and checklists to help you prepare details of your estate and to leave instructions for your end of life.
- MY STORY – A short workbook to help you write about your life in your own words and create a memory book for you and a memoir for future generations.