COTA NT members, Don and Franz swapping news and views
When you join COTA NT, you are becoming part of a united voice for seniors across the Northern Territory. Our members come from a wide range of backgrounds – they are male and female, individuals and couples from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds. They are:
- Aged between 50 and 90 years old
- Working, in employment transition, in early retirement
- Healthy, active, independent, accessing assistance/support
- Socially engaged and active in the community
- Volunteering their time to serve others
- Facilitating workshops, groups and events for themselves and other seniors.
All our members have an interest in the well-being of seniors. Unlike many other seniors’ organisations, our events are open to non-financial members of COTA NT. However, we welcome support through financial membership (as well as through volunteering, sponsorship, fund-raising, donations and bequests).
What COTA NT members do
- COTA NT members are invited to raise their concerns and issues with the Chief Executive Officer of COTA NT, who can advocate on their behalf.
- COTA NT members are invited to air their views in surveys and forums delivered by COTAs and other agencies (such as governments, service providers and welfare groups)
- COTA NT members enjoy our programs and events, meet and connect with others and are provided with information to promote, improve and protect their circumstances and well-being
- COTA NT members are invited to the organisation’s annual general meeting and to vote on Board nominations
- COTA NT members are encouraged to actively participate in the organisation, either as an event participant, facilitator, volunteer or Board member.
Become a member
Join COTA NT today and join your voice to ours!