How to support COTA NT petitions
Details may vary depending on the Petition, but generally speaking, when you have read the petition and are in favour of adding your support to it, the most basic level of support you can give is to sign the Petition by giving your first and last name and signature.
Electronic petitions can be accepted by those being petitioned, but differing rules can apply depending on the entity. Some petitions can only be signed by Australian citizens and permanent residents.
You can always help to support our petitions by helping to spread the word.
1 Start by signing the petition
- Visit COTA NT in person at offices in Darwin (65 Smith Street open Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm) and Alice Springs (50+ Community Centre, Alice Springs open Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 1pm)
- Attend a COTA NT event where copies of any current Petitions will be available.
- Phone us on 08 8941 1004 to find out where you can sign up. (Wherever possible, print Petitions will be distributed across the Territory).
2 Spread the word
3 Share the petition
- Download a copy of the petition from the relevant petition page and ask people to sign it.
- Return signed petitions to: Sue Shearer, COTA NT, GPO Box 852, Darwin NT 0801.