For more COTA Australia submissions, please visit the COTA Australia website.
- Retirement-Income-Review-COTA-A – (Extracts) COTA Australia welcomes the opportunity to provide input into the Retirement Income Review… We envisage a system that is simple, adequate, fair and fiscally sustainable. Our view is that there are a number of ways to improve the current system to achieve this vision. This submission explores the key issues. “Our Retirement Income System should unequivocally prevent poverty among older Australians.“(read more).
COTA NT submissions
To more information on COTA NT submissions, please contact us.
- COTA NT Bidding for Senior Territorians 2020 – Election Submission calling on the Northern Territory Government to invest in six key areas that will improve the lives of senior Territorians. Investment in liveable communities, skills and jobs, accessible information, planning for change, a safe Northern Territory and in reducing the cost of living. (click here to read) Sue Shearer, CEO COTA NT – February 2020
- Letter to Northern Territory MLA – Religious Freedom Letter to Politicians “…to express our substantive concerns with the proposed legislation. Protecting religious freedoms should not override existing anti-discrimination protections…” (click here to read) Sue Shearer, CEO COTA NT – January 2020
- Open letter/ media release – “Sex work would devalue people’s homes” (click here to read) Sue Shearer, CEO COTA NT – December 2019
- Letter to the Northern Territory Attorney-General – “Please agree to take action to harmonise Power of Attorney orders immediately enabling the establishment of a national register. This will ensure the Northern Territory Government is doing its best to help older people at risk of abuse.” (click here to read) Sue Shearer, CEO COTA NT – November 2019
- Petition to Northern Territory Government that, “The Northern Territory Government launch an immediate and urgent review of the Seniors Concession Scheme to redress inequities and unfairness in the Scheme with a view to reinstating concessions for seniors throughout the Territory disenfranchised by the May 2014 Budget decision.” Graeme Bevis, CEO COTA NT – June 2016